• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Nicotine Withdrawel?

malakaix

Bluelighter
I cut out cigarettes from my life entirley about 7 days ago..

I cant sleep properly, im tired all the time, muscles hurt, headaches, coughing and nasal drip.. i have no energy to do anything.. i cant quite tell if these are just withdrawal symptoms or if i have a cold/flu as i had a severe flu about 4-5 weeks ago that has seemed to drag on and on..

I've been eating nothing but nutritional food however, anti-oxidants and lots of water and exercise to try counter-act symptoms. I've never tried to quit before, and had only been smoking for about a year prior to this.. was never a really heavy smoker..

Anyway, thanks for any help, feels like forever since i've felt healthy..

peace ;)

Good luck. Stopping smoking is hard and the withdrawls suck. After a week though you should be clear of the worst symptoms. So might well be getting ill.

The hardest part for me to quit smoking was the whole putting things in my mouth. So I used toothpicks to help out.
Congrats on wanting to quit, you will be more healthy now on. :)

Yeah been about 10 days now.. feels a bit easier then it was when i posted.. amazed at the difference it's made to my physical and mental health, i still end up with pens or whatever in my mouth lol

Try the patch. If it relieves the symptoms then you know it is withdrawal, if it doesn't then you're actually sick.

Well done by the way. Willpower is a valuable character trait.

I CANT SLEEP EITHER! I didnt know it was a withdrawal symptom. I stopped cold turquey a week ago and have been suffering at night cuz i cant fall asleep. Im getting desperate!!! when will this go away? plz help